- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to qualifying officially registered 501c3 (or limited other classifications to be determined by the Dan River Nonprofit Network) nonprofit organizational recipients who primarily serve the Dan River Region area (Danville, VA; Pittsylvania County, VA; Caswell County, NC).
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Dan River Nonprofit Network as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online ending on December 31st, 2020.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://danrivernonprofits.org/voty-2020/. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Dan River Nonprofit Network. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Dan River Nonprofit Network.
- Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will be selected at random from the participating eligible nonprofit organizations using a non-biased online generator feature.
Winner will receive the following gifts to serve the Dan River Region area (Danville City, Pittsylvania County, Caswell County):
- One year free organizational membership to the Dan River Nonprofit Network,
- One free entry into every workshop solely hosted by the Dan River Nonprofit Network in 2021,
- A monetary donation amount of $500.00 USD
All participating qualifying organizations will receive a credit of $25.00 USD for any Nonprofit Network solely hosted event in 2020.
Value of contest prize is estimated at $1,000-$2,000. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award and dependent on recipient use. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Dan River Nonprofit Network. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the Dan River Nonprofit Network’s discretion.
Entry into the contest and acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Dan River Nonprofit Network to use names, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random selection generator under the supervision of the Dan River Nonprofit Network. Winner will be notified within 7 days following selection of Winner. Dan River Nonprofit Network shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to nominate a qualifying nonprofit organization, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content, You understand and agree that Dan River Nonprofit Network, anyone acting on behalf of Dan River Nonprofit Network, and Dan River Nonprofit Network licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Dan River Nonprofit Network. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Dan River Nonprofit Network from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Dan River Nonprofit Network may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: The Dan River Nonprofit Network reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Dan River Nonprofit Network’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, the Dan River Nonprofit Network may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Dan River Nonprofit Network. The Dan River Nonprofit Network reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Dan River Nonprofit Network has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the Dan River Nonprofit Network reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Dan River Nonprofit Network and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
By entering the Campaign, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.