- If you want to make a difference in the lives of children while gaining professional skills and experience in the fields of education, nonprofit, and social justice, a service term with The Literacy Lab may be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Tutors serve full-time for an entire academic year. At their school site, tutors implement specific early literacy interventions for Pre-K and K-3 students. Tutors also conduct weekly progress monitoring and work with a team of coaches to make data-informed decisions to ensure each child is on track to read proficiently. Tutors are a part of the school community and work to build strong relationships with students, teachers, and other staff. In addition, tutors participate in community-based volunteer opportunities and ongoing professional development sessions. Tutors are placed at school sites with one to three other tutors. To apply, click here!
They are also hiring 2 Outreach Coordinators (VISTA through AmeriCorps) starting in June of 2023! The VISTA members will engage a variety of audiences in Virginia including community organizations, alumni, and other stakeholders through print, digital, and in-person communications. Find more details here. In order to apply for this position, please send a resume and three references with contact information via email with the subject “ATTN: Outreach Coordinator – Virginia (VISTA)” to email@example.com. Note: we will ask before we contact references. The deadline to apply is April 24th, 2023!
- The Danville Pittsylvania County Chamber of Commerce is looking for a Director of Membership Engagement. The position is full-time and perfect for the person who likes to interact with their members, can come up with innovative programming, and enjoys organizing events. This is an exciting, high-profile position that is critical to the success of Chamber members and the organization. Are you organized, creative, experienced with CRM software, meetings, and events? Seeking a position where you can make a difference for your community? Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Danville-Pittsylvania Community Services, an organization that provides mental health, developmental, substance abuse, and prevention services and support, consistently has numerous job postings available on their employment page. Currently there are jobs available for clinicians, case manager, nurses, technicians, a medical records specialist, secretary, etc.
- Postings for local AmeriCorps VISTA opportunities will be updated here. Check back soon!
Job opportunities for nonprofits will be updated regularly. Members of the Dan River Nonprofit Network may submit their job postings to us via email at email@example.com – We will circulate your posting to our entire newsletter following, on our social media, and on our website for free. Our job board is a cost-effective and efficient marketing option targeted specifically to nonprofits, affiliated individuals, and job seekers in the Dan River Region and surrounding areas.
Not a Network member? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a job posting; $25 fee applies.